You're the only person who can give yourself reasons to believe.

December 10, 2011

Today, I stumbled upon a picture online that inspired this post. A girl had a photo of her body with arrows pointing to which things, according to herself, "needed fixing". Here's the photo:


It made me really sad. Does this look like a girl who needs to lose weight? No, it doesn't. And anyone who thinks so needs to visit a doctor.

While I understand that for some, they have to lose weight to become healthier but I'm talking about those girls (like the above mentioned) who already are in the average weight range but continue to starve themselves because they feel fat.

Why are some people so obsessed with becoming really skinny? Being skinny won't solve your problems. I also doubt it will make you happier. Once you've obtained your "dream weight", then what? Do you think people will like you more? Seriously, think about it.

You don't need to starve yourself, you need to learn to love yourself. If you don't, you'll never be happy with yourself. You don't prefer your skinny friends over your normal weight or overweight friends, do you? If you do, then you're a shallow bitch and I have nothing else to say.

Starving yourself won't make you happier. It's not your body that "needs fixing", it's your self-esteem and your self-image. There will always be something in your mind that "needs fixing". If you can't accept yourself the way you are you will never be truly happy. You need to start loving yourself first, before anyone else can.

Besides, you will never look naturally thin by starving yourself. You can tell when people are naturally thin and when they've starved themselves - and the latter doesn't look very flattering.

And before someone comments that "I don't know what it's like to be over-weight" or something like that; No, I don't. But I know what it's like to have complexes, what it's like to hate my body. When I was younger, I really hated my body and the way I look. I thought, "Maybe losing a little more fats here and there would be better." But hell, I love food way too much to skip meals. I wanted to grow taller, I wanted to have some curves on my body. But I was born the way I am. And now, I accept myself as the way I am.

To wrap this up: If you're still convinced, after reading this text, that your life will miraculously become much better if you starve yourself; go ahead. I know that, at least, I've tried my best to help. I'll always be here if you need to talk, be it on Twitter, Formspring, Facebook, Tumblr or through my email.

Well, that's all I have to say for the moment. Good night. xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments