Back to School.

November 19, 2013














Last week's long awaited retail therapy with Chelsea was a need, not a want. With assignments piling in accompanied by the fact that I don't have many friends in class, school hasn't really been the most fun place to be lately.

I don't know why but I just don't click with most of the class even though it's been a month. By that I mean that we have no common interest/topic to talk about whatsoever. Last semester I had Chelsea who has the same interest as me in practically everything, Joanna who is as boy-crazy as me, and Jes, Debbie, Celine, and Joed who are as bitchy as me so class was always fun with them around.

Well, it's probably because I didn't bother trying to bond with my new classmates. But I don't see the point in doing so; we will be changing class again next semester and I don't want to form deep friendships only to have us separated again in the end. I'd rather spend the breaks I have maintaining friendships with my classmates from the last semester and go home immediately after school to finish my assignments so that I can meet my boyfriend on weekends.

I guess I'm VERY introvert and it kinda stresses me out when I have to meet new people and make new friends. I don't think anybody understands how nervous I get when I have to meet new people. It got so bad that I (secretly) cried during my freshmen bonding camp and first week of school because I was so stressed out.

I used to be really outgoing and had lots of friends but only to find out that they've been backstabbing me in the end. From then on, I kept more and more to myself and became a strong believer of the quote "It's better to have few true friends than a bunch of fake friends." I don't want to expand my circle of friends and start being wary of them because it gets tiring.

Sure, I am aware that there are some genuine people out there but I'm not a risk taker and I'm not ready to take up that challenge. I already have a bunch of great friends - all of them whom I keep very close to my heart and that's enough for me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments