Mong Kok Shopping Guide — Argyle Centre, Sneakers Street, Langham Place, Ladies' Market (Hong Kong Day 1.2)

January 13, 2018

Argyle Centre

Chelsea and I were huge shopaholics back then; after lunch, we quickly found ourselves in Argyle Centre, situated in the middle of Mong Kok, famed for its cheap shopping! We also visited Sneakers Street, Langham Place, and Ladies' Market, all of which are within walking distances from each other. I didn't take photos of all the places because I was, uh, busy shopping.

Argyle Centre

Address: 688 Nathan Rd, Mong Kok, Kowloon
Opening Hours: 12:30pm to late night
Nearest MTR: Mong Kok Station (Exit D2)

Sneakers Street

Address: 75 Fa Yuen St, Mong Kok, Hong Kong
Opening Hours: 11am to 11pm
Nearest MTR: Mong Kok Station (Exit D3)

Langham Place

Address: 8 Argyle St, Mong Kok, Hong Kong
Opening Hours: 11am to 11pm
Nearest MTR: Mong Kok Station (Exit C3)

Ladies' Market

Address: Tung Choi St, Mong Kok, Hong Kong
Opening Hours: 11am to 11:30pm
Nearest MTR: Mong Kok exit D3/E2


Bai Wei Cold Noodles

My favourite cold noodles, located in the basement of Argyle Centre. I loved it so much I returned again the next day hehehe.

Bai Wei Cold Noodles 百味食品

Address: G/F, New Town Mall, 688 Nathan Road, Mong Kok
Opening Hours: 12:30pm to late night
Nearest MTR: Mong Kok Station (Exit D2)

Found at Argyle Centre

Along Sneakers Street

At Ladies' Market


Tip: remember to bargain when you're shopping in Hong Kong. It's best if you have a local friend or can speak Cantonese. Otherwise, try to speak English instead of Chinese when bargaining. Pretending to walk away is also a good tactic.

Don't bargain unless you're very sure you wanna buy the items or you'll risk incuring their wrath! Chelsea and I had a miscommunication and she bargained for something I didn't want. When we walked away, the woman was hurling insults at us, scarring us for the rest of the night T__T

My loots!


Watch my vlog for more of my Hong Kong day 1 adventures and a preview of the places I shopped at.

Left: my side of the hotel. Right: Chelsea's side. 

This is what happens when you travel with a messy person...

You Might Also Like

0 comments